Christmas Tree

Category: , By Aleckii
Like I said, the reason I couldn't update my blog in a long time was due to some commitment I've made- as a newsletter editor, as a co-advisor to an up coming Chinese New Year Concert, as an organiser to a Charity Drive and as a 5th year medical student. And I guess I finally realized I have to draw the line somewhere.

Everyone who knows me know that I love to sing. I may not have the best voice, but gosh throw me a karaoke box and some Cd's and you won't be able to move me an inch. And Christmas Caroling was something I've been wanting to do in a long time. But in the midst of me baking pizzas and making burgers one week, then baking cookies the next, I've missed practises after practises, and finally came to a conclusion- I simply cannot do all of the said things without having to split my body into quarters.

So sadly, I decided to quit Caroling...

The sad realization hit me hard. So I decided to pick my spirits up by doing what I do best in the first week of December- decorating my Christmas Tree.



I bought the tree exactly 3 years ago for 900 rubles, around RM120. It comes equipped with Fibreoptic lighting. There are these fibreoptic filaments sticking out which changes colour every second.

It flickers from Green to yellow to purple, where it pauses and remains purple for a full second, then flickers back to red and orange and green and blue. The it goes back to green and yellow and the cycle repeats itself. Pretty mesmerizing. One of these days I'll take a play be play picture of my Christmas tree and upload it here.



While decorating, I put in a movie, Dennis Quaid and Rene Russo's Yours, Mine and Ours, into the DVD player. Right as I was just finishing with the silver star atop the tree, Benny came in, wanting to borrow a movie.

Then a second later, Eddy came in, just wanted to drop by to chill.

Then a second later, Sandra dropped in, looking for Benny.

And last but not least, Choc Ky dropped by my room returning our shared Vacuum Cleaner.


That's camera-shy Sandra hiding from the camera.

Somehow it turned into an impromptu movie night. And Yours, Mine and Ours is totally is family-movie, best to be watched with your make-shift family.

Now if only we had a bowl of my home-made popcorns, it would have been perfect.



 

5 comments so far.

  1. Johnny December 3, 2007 at 9:01 PM
    so fast start decorating christmas tree~~

    Comment from Johnny
  2. lynn-w December 3, 2007 at 10:12 PM
    wah...

    and i'm nto invited for the movie?

    kekekeke!

    yummy pop-corn! make some for cg this week toO! keekekekke
  3. Aleckii December 4, 2007 at 1:50 AM
    Johnny: christmas tree only once a year can put up, that's why must early early put up, so can utilize it more times per year. Or else just collect dust in my closet.

    Lynn Wei: Movie night was impromptu lah, people just happened to drop by all at once. You were at chruch also that time, ahahah!
  4. lynn-w December 4, 2007 at 7:10 AM
    oo..too bad, next time, then! kekkekekeke

    u shouldnt quit carolling!! =)
  5. LX December 5, 2007 at 3:27 AM
    Hehehe.. looks so comfy in pyjamas on the bed watching the movie. :)

Something to say?

Ladies and Gentlemen, take a minute to drop by my own domain, http://fatandbalding.com/!