‘Baranina (Mutton), Tiliatina (Beef), Svinina(Pork)!’

Category: , By Aleckii
If you take the time to walk through the meat market here in Kursk, you will definitely be hearing the calls of ‘Baranina (Mutton), Tiliatina (Beef), Svinina(Pork)!’, beckoning you to purchase the meat produce of the day.

Anyway, seeing that I bought meself about a kilogram of lamb, 2 thought popped into my mind- Mutton bryani and Mutton Satay, and that was exactly what I did.

I invited Ming and Bernard over, seeing that it was my turn to play host after last week Ming’s Hainanese Chicken Rice and Bernard's Fruit Salad Dinner.

Today’s Menu:
Main Course
Mutton Bryani, cooked with a variety of Indian herbs and spices

Side Dish
Chicken and Mutton Satay, baked to perfection, served with home made satay gravy and chunks of fresh cucumber

Dessert
Vanilla Ice-cream served with freshly-baked Apple Crisp



In future posting I will blog about recipes for the other dishes, but for tonight, I will share the recipes to Chicken and Mutton Satay.

Chicken and Mutton Satay (Sate Ayam dan Kambing)
Ingredients:
2 portions of chicken breast meat, deboned and with skin removed
about 400 grams of lean mutton meat
Honey
satay sticks (soaked for 6 hours)

Marinate A.
tumeric powder
salt and sugar to taste
curry powder
1 stalk of lemongrass (daun serai) crushed
chopped red onions

Marinate B.
tumeric powder
salt and sugar to taste
curry powder
soy sauce
1 stalk of lemongrass (daun serai) crushed
chopped red onions

Instruction
1. Cut chicken and mutton length wise about 2cm thick.

2. Mix Marinate A. into chicken, leave for up to 6 hours.

3. Mix Marinate B. into mutton, leave for 12 hours (or overnight)

4. Hold satay stick in one hand while piercing meat pieces through the sharp tip. Arrange meat into a bundle of about 20 cm in length.

5. Arrange satay sticks on a tray, fill the bottom of the baking tray with water, and bake satay in a preheat oven at 180 degrees.


6. Bake mutton satay for 30 minutes, before taking them out to spread honey evenly over the meat. Put back into oven for another 10 minutes. For chicken satay, spread honey at the 20th minute, and continue baking another 10 minutes.

7. Serve with chunks of cucumber and satay gravy!


Yum!
<
 

5 comments so far.

  1. Josefina December 27, 2007 at 10:23 PM
    Privet! Thanks for the compliment - I try to be an okay writer ;)

    What are you doing in Kursk?

    And did you ever propose to your fiance on that very same spot in Paris?
  2. Aleckii December 28, 2007 at 3:36 AM
    Ahh... I'm in Kursk studying, I'm in my 5th year of Medical studies.

    I'm not attached yet, don't even have a girlfriend much less a fiance. But a guy can dream right? Heehee!

    It's something I plan for in the future, and hopefully it will come true!
  3. Anonymous February 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    hello fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that singular model. The prices seeking the velcros are all over 320 pounds on every page. But definitively I set this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?
  4. Anonymous March 17, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    hello everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that singular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers were all over 310 bucks on every site. But for all I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what do you think?
  5. Anonymous June 28, 2010 at 3:27 AM
    Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Something to say?

Ladies and Gentlemen, take a minute to drop by my own domain, http://fatandbalding.com/!