New Year Post~ Update

Category: , , By Aleckii
***This post is an update from my New Year Post about the unfortunate car accident that befell 6 Malaysian students from Kursk***

If you read my previous posts, you would have known about the horrendous car accident that took place on New Year's Eve here in Kursk. As 6 students were on their way in a van heading towards Moscow, their van came into collision with another car from the opposite direction. As a result of that accident, all the students plus the driver and a codriver in the van, suffered various forms of injuries, while the driver and the passenger of the other car unfortunately lost their lives. But up till a few days ago, while chatting with my cousin (who was one of the students in the van), I saw this picture that he put up.

This picture was captured by Ryan, one of the students involved in the accident. You can read his blog and his personal account of the event here- 7 years and counting.

The van caught fire immediately after the collision (with the students still in it, dazed and confused from the ordeal). In fact my cousin said the dashboard was already on fire, and another student said that smog and fume from the fire had started bellowing by the time they escaped. Imagine the horror they must have felt at moment! But honestly, thankfully they all managed to escape and all of the students are doing well right now.

Me and my classmates, after our lesson in the regional hospital yesterday, paid a visit to the 3 students still in the hospital receiving treatment.

But anyway, on to a lighter note. I headed over to my cousin's place yesterday to check on how he's doing. I brought along with me some gauze, antiseptic solution, antiseptic cream and what not in case his wounds need some cleaning. But by the time I arrived his roommate, Sammy had already done the job-

He cleaned the area with some antiseptic cream then pasted on a band-aid to the area.

After the visit, his roommate even invited me for lunch.

Not bad for a roommate right? Having caring friends really make a difference in a situation like this. The parents of 2 of the girls will be visiting in a few day's time from Malaysia, but even right now they have friends accompanying them in the hospital.

But anyway, here's my cousin with me-

See? Smiling happily? Looks like he's doing ok right?

 

5 comments so far.

  1. Naru January 12, 2008 at 3:29 AM
    that was really terrifying but thankGod everyone is fine now
    hugs
    xxx
  2. Aleckii January 12, 2008 at 4:10 AM
    pailine: Yeah you're right. That's what matters the most.
  3. Unknown January 12, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    you guys look like a good buddy.:)
  4. Unknown January 12, 2008 at 8:42 PM
    i can't believe this could happen..so sad to hear this news.
  5. Unknown January 13, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    lowell has grown thin.....

Something to say?

Ladies and Gentlemen, take a minute to drop by my own domain, http://fatandbalding.com/!