Photohunt: Skinny

Category: , , , By Aleckii


This week's theme of had me searching up and down, far and wide for an idea. There's a myriad of adjectives that you can use to describe me or any aspects of my life but skinny is definitely not one of them!

But anyway, I read that you find inspiration in the littlest things in life, even in the chicken you're about to chop out for dinner! As I was about to clean the chicken and remove whatever excess fat and skin, suddenly something stuck me- Chicken skin... Chicken skin... skin... ny... SKINNY!

I just knew I had to post this!


That looks plenty lot and pretty nasty, doesn't it? And to think the chicken wasn't that big at all (weighs about a kilo).

But afterwards I had a great dinner- Fried Chicken with Korean salad.


Have fun photohunting!
 

21 comments so far.

  1. Naru January 12, 2008 at 3:24 AM
    i find those skin nasty too, fat and dirty, i peel them off everytime i cook here!! just cant eat something fat cause i am prettygood at storing fat :P
  2. Anonymous January 12, 2008 at 3:38 AM
    i like it if the skinz are deep fried!! haha, high in cholesterol and not healthy tho
  3. Jientje January 12, 2008 at 3:47 AM
    Oh but the food looks delicious though!
    We met Amelia, the insect on my Photohunt entry when we were on holliday in the south of France!
    We live in the north of Belgium, and I'm not sure we have them in our country or not, I have never seen any here!
  4. Aleckii January 12, 2008 at 4:07 AM
    Pailine: You're right! They are, apparently the skin and fatty part are quite deleterious to your health. I am very good at storing fat too! Hahah! That's why you don't see me posting a picture of myself for 'skinny'. If you don't mind, can you leave a link please, I would like to visit your blog too sometime.

    ad: I think everybody loves it. There's this one episode on South Park, where Eric Carmen ate all the fried crispy skin off the KFC chicken. It was the last straw, they all finally thought that this was the WORST possibly thing to do to a friend. Hahah! Don't you ever steal the fried skin off my chicken!

    jientju: Hahha! Well Amelia looks great. In Malaysia we have plenty of insects and bugs, some exotic and lovely like Amelia, but much more often they are irritating (mosquitoes and flies)!
  5. Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom January 12, 2008 at 4:39 AM
    The second pic made me hungry :D and yes, our pics are kinda similar :D
  6. Hootin Anni January 12, 2008 at 4:47 AM
    ya.......chicken skin, nasty stuff!!! Your dinner looks yummy!!!!

    Mine's posted. Hope you can drop by and visit and view my 'skinny'
  7. YTSL January 12, 2008 at 5:25 AM
    Chicken skin -- yum, especially chicken skin yakitori!!! ;b

    (BTW, I'm Malaysian -- can you tell? ;b)
  8. Anonymous January 12, 2008 at 5:26 AM
    Interesting take on this week's theme! I'm not much of fan of chicken skin, though it sometimes tastes good when deep fried.
  9. Xandra@Heart-of-Service January 12, 2008 at 6:08 AM
    I'm thinking that I like the second pics better than the first! Clever word play!

    Xandra
  10. Randi January 12, 2008 at 7:08 AM
    I wouldn’t want to see the first pics on my table but the second looks tasty!
  11. LivG January 12, 2008 at 7:42 AM
    YUK!!! Great way to think outside the box for the theme!
  12. marianne January 12, 2008 at 8:57 AM
    ewww, but what a fabulous interpretation of the theme - great thinking! the finished product sure looks a lot more appetizing than the before. ;)

    many thanks for stopping by!
  13. jennyr January 12, 2008 at 9:50 AM
    that's a great post! i love chicken and their skin tastes yummy when deep fried,hehehe! my photohunt is at Hobbies and Such.
  14. All of my Todays January 12, 2008 at 10:21 AM
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your take on Skinny. Yuck to the first picture but yum to the second one it looks delicious. x
  15. Mommy Lutchi January 12, 2008 at 10:56 AM
    ok, I am speechless with this entry, thanks for sharing.

    Mine is up at 2Cents Worth and
    4SeasonsOfMyLife
    . Hope you can all visit me too. Happy Photo Hunting.
  16. enghaw January 12, 2008 at 1:12 PM
    the fried chicken and the korean salad are appetizing, but the chicken skin... maybe can use for cooking chicken rice
    hahaha
  17. Unknown January 12, 2008 at 8:45 PM
    Ewww!! That's gross..you have such a good idea for the theme.:)
  18. Unknown January 13, 2008 at 9:02 PM
    i love the skin.. tht's what makes the chicken tasty. :)
  19. Mec January 14, 2008 at 2:11 AM
    FRIED chicken skin rocks!!! totally unhealthy but I swear, it rocks!!! :D
  20. Aleckii January 14, 2008 at 11:15 AM
    nadiah alwi: Yeah! Great minds think alike, right?

    hootin' ani: I've visited your blog, your post on skinny was pretty cool too!

    ytsl: I didn't know! I didn't realize it until now! hehe!

    prudence: They are the best, yes!
  21. Aleckii January 14, 2008 at 11:23 AM
    xandra: Me too! Haha! Thanks!

    Randi: Exactly!

    olivia: You're right, I wasn't even planning on posting one for this weeks' theme until this stuck me- Haha!

    Marianne: of course! Crispy chicken skin... YUM!

    jennyr: visited your blog. your whole barkada look beautiful and lovely!

    rachael: It was delicious, yes!

    2cents: I visited your blog, you've got a great take on Skinny too!

    enghaw: yea, you're right. People do use it so achieve a more fragrant fried rice, hahha!

    sweetiepie: Thanks!

    chelle: AMEN!

    mec: I just had another fried chicken meal... My coronary arteries are probably all clogged by lipids and fat now...

Something to say?

Ladies and Gentlemen, take a minute to drop by my own domain, http://fatandbalding.com/!