Cuban Salsa!

Category: , By Aleckii
Tonight I decided to take a break from studies (Cheh wah! That makes me sound like as though I'm the busiest person in the world) and kicked back a little.

Last Sunday during church announcements the Priest had mentioned that a Cuban singer would be performing some songs at the Church Parish home. It sounded like a great idea, except that it was going to be at 7pm after the evening mass. And if you live in Russia long enough, you'll know that going out at night is a big No-No. Lest you want to risk encountering something unpleasant on the streets.


No, not that of the unwordly kind. But hooligans. Drunk Russian teenagers. Going out at night is like a 50-50. 50 percent chance you encounter some stupid hooligans and somehow squeeze past them, or 50 percent chance you get disturbed by their catcalls, money-swiping or even worse- beating.

It's a shame anyway, because on the rare ocassion I do go out roaming about Kursk at night, I find it extremely lovely. And I can bet you there are some foreign students here who has NEVER ever seen Kursk after the sun sets, for fear of their lives.

Here are some pictures we took:


Seniors Jane and Danielle.


Me.

I believe that's the first picture of me that I posted up here. Savour it.


Where our church is situated, overlooks a magnificient view of the city.

This picture does no justice to the actual view. Till now I still haven't a clue how to effectively capture a decent night time picture.


And here's Olga Fernando, a Russian who moved to Cuba, got married there and became a singer. Her voice was awesome. I recorded some clips, once I figure out how to upload it you guys will get to see it.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. lynn-w November 27, 2007 at 8:32 PM
    cool!!!!
  2. Johnny November 27, 2007 at 9:23 PM
    WAo~~~ So nice~~~
  3. LX November 29, 2007 at 8:02 AM
    The night mode is very slow.. and our hands tend to shake when taking it. Try use a tripod or balance it on something. The pictures will turn out magnificent!

Something to say?

Ladies and Gentlemen, take a minute to drop by my own domain, http://fatandbalding.com/!