Photohunt: High

Category: , , By Aleckii
Photobucket

My other entry of this week's theme here.

Another late entry.

This time my picture for 'High' comes from Cambodia, a country like no other. Here are me and my friends standing at the peak of Angkor Wat, what some people said should have been rightfully awarded one of the 'Seven Wonders of the World' title.


Here you can see the Angkor Wat being reflected on the lake of mirrors.



But in order to reach to the top of temple, you need to embark on a mini adventure. The time we arrived there, the rain had just poured. The steps were as steep as they were wet.




When I said 'rain', I really meant a torrential storm! Luckily we came prepared.


But when we arrived at the peak, the view of Angkor with the lush greeneries right after the rain, just as the sun set over Cambodia was a sight to behold.
 

6 comments so far.

  1. AiDiSan April 2, 2008 at 3:20 AM
    Wow, that is truly an adventure!!! Looks like you had fun despite the rain.
  2. Portia April 2, 2008 at 3:36 AM
    I love this entry and the photos are amazing.You just made my day!I hope i can visit Angkor Wat in the future.Thanks for sharing your pics.
  3. Aleckii April 7, 2008 at 2:22 PM
    Aidisan: It's hard not to have fun, Cambodia is just a great country, definitely worth a visit.

    Portia: Thanks for the comment. Do visit Angkor Wat and Cambodia, I'm sure you'll love the experience.
  4. Bengbeng April 7, 2008 at 3:00 PM
    3rd pic here is so high n u r climbing...wouldnt want to look down. frightening.but then young folks like u never worry :)
  5. Gypsy at heart April 8, 2008 at 6:06 AM
    Ango Wat has been high on my list of "Places to Visit" for a long time. Thank you for giving some new pics.
  6. Aleckii April 9, 2008 at 1:14 AM
    Beng beng: yea, it was pretty terrifying during the climb, but when it's all over and done with, you feel exhilirated.

    gypsy at hear: You're welcomed, and yes, cambodia definitely is a place to visit!

Something to say?

Ladies and Gentlemen, take a minute to drop by my own domain, http://fatandbalding.com/!