Photohunt: Heavy

Category: , , By Aleckii




This is another post loooong overdue. Ever since I arrived back from my trip in Europe, it took me awhile to recharge my batteries to get it running again. But anyways I hope it's not too late to wish everybody a Happy Chinese New Year!

For this theme, there's only one thing I can think of, of course. Heavy meal- that is!

For us Chinese, we have a tradition of having a reunion dinner on the eve of Chinese New Year. This marks the most important day in the life of a Chinese. Family members are to gather together, have dinner together and celebrate together. The niche with studying abroad is, of course, missing out on all these traditions. Instead of celebrating this day with my family, I was in the train on the way back from Moscow to Kursk. So basically miserable and alone...

But then I arrived back in Kursk and made up for it in a big way, a huuuuge dinner with my friends, of course!



If you take a look at the pictures there you can see the dishes that I cooked- braised sea cucumber cooked with leaks and chinese sausages, chicken soup with chinese cabbages and fish bladder (hu pio), Sweet and Sour Pork and Ma po Tofu. I also heated up the vecuum-packed pre-cooked Peking duck served with gravy, and Shoo hao steamed the Red Tilapia and Choc Ky did the mixed vege. It was a looot of food for 6 people, so you can only imagine how heavy it was even for us!

But it was great, I have to admit, that despite being so far from my family, I still got to relive and cherish a part of our culture and tradition in this foreign land. And if you look at all the dishes that we prepared, you have to admit they were pretty hardcore traditional!

Hope you guys have a nice week ahead! Happy Photohunting!
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Unknown February 12, 2008 at 5:01 PM
    sounds like you guys having a great dinner.Better than mine..hehe!Happy valentine's day!
  2. Anonymous February 13, 2008 at 1:04 AM
    nice dinner we had ^^ more updates please
  3. Anonymous February 13, 2008 at 2:25 AM
    Looks like a heavy dinner at that. Glad you got to spend the time with your friends. Happy week.

Something to say?

Ladies and Gentlemen, take a minute to drop by my own domain, http://fatandbalding.com/!