German Hotdogs!

Ask anyone who's been to Western Europe, to countries like Germany, Austria and others, and they can tell you how distinctively different their sausages and hotdogs are from the ones they sell here in Russia or back home in Malaysia. The texture, the flavour, the taste... they're worlds apart! And you can get them really cheap too!

This time around, a wiser me decided to 'ta pao' (pack home) some sausages from Austria- the last stop of my European trip, and make delicious hotdogs out of them.

Ingredients needed are sausages and buns!

Fry them up in a non-stick pan.

I fried up some diced onions, made some potatoe salad. Also make sure you have chilli sauce, mayonnaise, and also mustard.

This is the end product. It didn't look as pleasing as I hoped it turned out to be, but it was delicious!


Compare it to the one I had in Oslo. Amazing, right? And the lady was kind enough to put 2 kinds of dressings for me, potato salad dressing at one end, and shrimp salad dressing at the other. It was certainly a mouthful!
 

15 comments so far.

  1. ChiroBie February 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM
    I love german hotdogssss~! Curry Wurst and Borke Wurst =) *Drooling*
  2. Josefina February 17, 2008 at 5:35 PM
    Whenever I look at pictures on your blog that you've taken in your room (I suppose you also live in a Russian dormitory) it feels so strange, like I'm looking at someone who could be living nextdoor to me. I hope your Kursk dorm is as good as our Yekaterinburg one :)

    And thanks for the tips of what kinds of 'monuments to cruelty' there is to visit. I think I might have to have a small break before embarking on anything like that again, though...

    Hope you have a good day today!
  3. Unknown February 17, 2008 at 8:21 PM
    wow!that's a pretty good.potato salad dressing and shrimp salad dressing?Must try those salad one day!
  4. cyan_loh February 17, 2008 at 11:19 PM
    hahahaa.. this is so cool!!! yummy yum!! reminded me when im in US. *drooling* maybe u can tapau back for me?!! hahaha.. :P
  5. LX February 18, 2008 at 3:46 AM
    "Yummy!" says my sis. Hahahah! She is one sausage lover.
  6. Maverick SM February 18, 2008 at 4:52 AM
    You must be a food enthusiast.

    I haven't tasted any German Hotdog. It looks delicious.
  7. Anonymous February 18, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    It will be very nice!~
  8. Aleckii February 18, 2008 at 7:32 AM
    chirobie: Oh yeah, you know too! Heehee! Delicious hotdogs!

    josefina: No, unfortunately, our hostels aren't in very good conditions at all.

    sweetiepie: Yeah, and the dressings were free, yum yum!

    cyan_loh: Yea, the western world seems to enjoyn their hotdogs a lot!

    lynnxuan: Yeah, it was delicious!

    Maverick SM: Well, you should definitely try it. It's the best!

    Johnnykiu.com: Yeah it was!
  9. Trinity February 18, 2008 at 8:50 PM
    oh wowwwww... droooollliiing... looks really delish! hm.. you cook it beside your bed in your room? :-)
  10. Yvonne Foong February 19, 2008 at 4:53 AM
    Real sausages are really scrap meat that the butcher has to throw. But that would be wasteful. So they diced and stuffed them up with herbs and walla! Something you can keep for days. I miss those real sausages with gumbo soup. Yum Yum.
  11. Aleckii February 19, 2008 at 3:42 PM
    trinity: Ohh, noo! We have a kitchen. After cooking though, it's cold in the kitchen so I brought it into my room to add the dressings and sauces to it. Yum yum! I still have some left, will cook it up again next week!

    yvvonne foong: I guess what they say is right then- someone's trash is another's treasure! Haha!
  12. zewt February 19, 2008 at 3:57 PM
    really not good to look at food photos at night...
  13. Unknown February 19, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    gimme one! gimme one! i'm hungryyy!!!
  14. Anonymous March 7, 2008 at 7:41 AM
    Again from your brother in Kuching!For you info...the best hotdog i had in Kuching was at this small cafe in Hopoh.Simple, steam the bun to soften.Spread on the butter.Fry or boil or steam you sausages and wrap around a piece of chese.Here come the "crowning glory"...beef bologene sauce...simply divine!
  15. yanmaneee September 7, 2019 at 6:16 AM

Something to say?

Ladies and Gentlemen, take a minute to drop by my own domain, http://fatandbalding.com/!