Dinner was extra late for me. After our Christian Cell Group meeting, it was already 8. Only then did I have time to start making my dinner. Dinner tonight had a Mediterranean feel to it.
5 cups of flour
1 packet of instant yeast (Heinz)
1 table spoon of sugar
Salt to taste
Salt to taste
Canned pineapples cubes
Champignon mushroom, sliced thinly
Capsicum, sliced thinly
Onion (sliced into rings)
Oregano to taste
* Garden Tomatoes and chopped parsley can also be added
- For crust, dilute sugar in lukewarm water (heated to about 40 degree Celcius). Then add yeast.
- Add the yeast mixture into flour. Add salt to taste. Knead the dough mixture until well-mixed. Cover with a piece of moist cloth and leave to stand for 45 minutes.
- The dough should have risen into at least twice its size after 45 minutes. Knead it once more, then using a rolling pint, mold the dough into a greased pan.
- Bake in the oven 150 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Spread the pizza base evenly over the crust. Then arrange all ingredients for the topping accordingly.
- Lastly, spread the grated cheese over the pizza and continue to bake in the oven in 150 degrees for another 15 minutes.
Mediterranean Pizza before baking
The after product
Considering that I had limited ingredients (the last time I shopped shop for my food was a long time ago), it turned out not bad. The aroma of the Champignon mushroom and Capsicum mingled along nicely. I did feel that the pizza lacked cheese though! Too bad I ran out of it.
Sharon was around when I was baking my pizza, and I gave her a piece to try out.
Sharon's Comment: 'One piece is REALLY filling! I can really taste the herbs. Wished it had more cheese though!'
Whilst I was waiting for the pizza to bake, I concocted up another recipe that I thought would complement well to the mediterranean dinner I was going to have.
Chunky Fruit YoghurtChunky Fruit Yoghurt
Grapes, seeded and sliced
Caned Pineapple Cubes
Mix all of the above ingredients and serve chilled.
There you have it, a simple and delicious meal. Bon apatite!
Mediterranean Pizza and Chunky Fruit Yoghurt